Monday 23 July 2012

Salt of the Earth

It's just not a summer BBQ without a burger. So to finish off my week of grilling I've sharing a burger recipe with you. 

I know it wasn't that long ago that I last shared my Meatloaf Burger, but this is a new one. And this one is the most simple burger you can ever imagine. 

Cooking shows and chefs always seem to share the same old "secrets" of cooking the perfect burger and I used to shrug them aside as things a chef would do in a really busy kitchen. I used to think that a busy just wouldn't have time for something as special as my Meatloaf Burger. 

So I decided I would try their "tricks" and see what kind of burger appeared. And, boy, was I surprised - they were great!

I'll still make my Meatloaf Burgers on weekends and for parties, but now I have a great easy weeknight burger too! 

Easy Burgers with Quick Guac

1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
Salt and pepper
16 slices of cheddar cheese
8 burger buns
1 cup of Quick Guac, optional - recipe follows (I thought I needed something else to make reading this worth your while!)

1. Preheat your grill to medium heat.

2. Open up a package of lean ground beef gently form eight patties with the plain meat. Gentle is the key word here because you want your burgers to be airy and juicy.

3. Generously season the tops of all eight burgers with salt and pepper and place them on the grill seasoned side down. Season the other side of the burgers now.

4. Don't move the burgers around, just close the lid and let them cook for about 3-5 minutes.

5. Flip the burgers and cover the tops with two slices of cheese each. Cover the grill again and cook until the cheese melts and the burgers are cooked through, about 2-4 more minutes.

6. Sandwich in a bun and top with Quick Guac. Enjoy!

Quick Guac - a burger topping or dip so quick that you don't have time to say guacamole

2 ripe avocados
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice
Hot sauce to taste, green if possible

1. Mash everything up with a fork in a bowl. No need to be perfect, just mix it all up.

2. Serve on top of a burger or with veggies or chips for a dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment