Friday 30 March 2012

Would You Like Fries With That?

I love fries with everything, but I'm heading off on vacation in a few days and I really want to look nice on the beach. 

Instead of fries, I love to choose my favourite Asian side dish. 

Edamame is the perfect healthy alternative to fries for me because they're all veggie, there's no deep frying (or even any oil at all), they are shaped like fries, and I always serve the with a little salt. 

And the best part is that they come in little pods so I have to take my time to open each one individually before eating them, which means I have a better chance of not overeating. 

One of my friends in university turned me on to eating edamame in place of fries (for all the above reasons) and I've never looked back since. 

Edamame Pods - serves 2-3 people

1/2 package of frozen whole edamame in pods
Salt to taste

Seriously, that's it.

1. Boil a pot of water and add edamame. Cook for about 5 minutes.

2. Toss with salt and pop open the pods to enjoy!

I use a fine foods sea salt with basil and garlic, but any salt will do. A special salt just makes this faux fry snack seem extra special to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment