I cannot think of a better way to celebrate my 200th blog post than to share a recipe featuring bacon.
You might think it's cheating because bacon tastes so good, but I don't think so. I think bacon could be seen as a main food group and I've really been neglecting it in the last few weeks.
In fact, I think it's high time I've used bacon in a recipe and I am very sorry for not including it more often!
This potato salad is a delicious spring celebration of roasted asparagus, pesto, bacon, and and crunchy celery. Plus, we get to revisit a few of my favourite blog posts (if you want to make your own pesto and roast your asparagus).
So, let's not wait any longer. I'm already drooling and wishing my last batch wasn't already gone; we've got to make some of this now!
1 bunch of asparagus, steamed or roasted
1 cup of pesto, purchased or homemade
8 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
3 stalks of celery, finely chopped
1 pound of bacon
1. Boil potatoes in salted water until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain the water and cool on a cookie sheet in the fridge until they are ready to handle.
2. While potatoes are cooling, fry bacon until crispy. Blot with a few paper towels and set aside.
3. Cook your asparagus. Either steam it to be healthy or roast is because there really isn't much that's healthy in this recipe and it's definitely time to indulge a bit. You deserve it!
4. When bacon is cool, chop it into bite sized pieces. Add it to a large bowl.
5. Chop cooked asparagus into bite sized pieces and add it, along with celery, to the bowl with the bacon.
6. When the potatoes are cool, cut them into bite sized pieces and add them to the bowl with the veggies.
7. Add the pesto and gently toss to combine.
This potato salad does have a few steps, but it tastes yummy and is definitely worth it!