Tuesday 20 March 2012

Changing It Up

You might think that I cook new meals every single night because I always seem to have something new to share. New meals are great to keep tempting my taste buds, but, like everyone else, I have favourite meals that I like to enjoy all the time. 

I do sometimes duplicate things exactly. But a lot of the time, I like to take one of my favourite meals and change things up a little to make it taste different. 

Sometimes my "new" meals are so similar that you can't tell them apart from my "old" meals, but sometimes my inventions are actually inventions. 

Let me know if you think the recipe below is better than the Salmon Creole I previously shared? I can't pick which one I like better!

Easy Shrimp Creole

3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups of raw shrimp, peeled
1 pinch of salt and pepper
1 teaspoon of dried sage
2 teaspoons of paprika
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 yellow pepper, chopped
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup green onions, chopped
3 cups fresh baby spinach
1 tablespoon hot sauce, or to your taste

1. Heat oil in pan on stove at medium heat. Add garlic and begin to cook.

2. Combine salt, pepper, dry sage, paprika, and chili powder in a medium bowl. Add shrimp and mix well to coat shrimp in spice mixture throughly.

3. Add shrimp to pan and let cook.

4. As shrimp is cooking get your pepper and tomatoes ready and add to the pan.

5. Add green onions spinach and gently mix to combine. Just let the spinach wilt, only about 1 minute or so.

6. Serve over brown rice and top with hot sauce to your taste. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment