Do you get the same cravings I get when three o'clock rolls around? You know it's the home stretch for heading home from work, but there's still enough time to think a snack would be a great idea?
And are you also like me when I think to myself that, some days, that orange or container of carrot sticks just won't cut it?
Well if you are, and I know you are, this post is for you.
You get to feel healthy because there are veggies involved but this is a pizza muffin and that means it's going to taste like a not so good for you snack too!
2 tablespoons olive oil
2/3 cup finely chopped onion
2 cloves minced garlic
2/3 cup finely chopped yellow, orange, or red pepper
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh oregano
1 teaspoon sugar
1 pinch salt
1/3 cup milk
1/4 cup plain yogurt
1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 tablespoons chopped olives
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a muffin tin with 12 paper cups.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan and cook onion, garlic, and pepper until all veggies are soft, about 5 minutes.
3. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, oregano, sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
4. Add milk, yogurt, feta, egg, tomato paste, and olives to the onion mixture. Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and stir to combine.
5. Fill the muffin tins to 2/3 full and bake for about 15-20 minutes or until the tops begin to turn golden brown and bounce back when lightly touched.
Cool slightly and enjoy!