How do make such a classic snack into something new?
I did it! I took that boring piece of celery slathered with peanut butter and topped with raisins to a new level of tastiness.
But it's not at all what you'd expect. For one thing, it's no longer a snack. It's a dinner! And for another, it's not just for kids, adults will love this too.
Alright, I won't keep you waiting any longer.
Just one more thing... Remember your wallet when you run out to the store for the ingredients of this dish. I know I get forgetful when I get hungry.
Ants on a Log Curry
1 onion, finely chopped
3 cloves of garlic minced
1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
2 stalks of celery, finely chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon curry paste
1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
1 1/2 cups snow peas
2 cups of cooked chicken, shredded or chopped
1 lime, quartered for garish
1/2 cup raisins, for garnish
1. Heat oil in a large pan at medium heat and add onion, garlic, ginger, and celery. Cook veggies until softened.
2. Add curry paste and chicken stock. Stir to combine.
3. Add peanut butter and sweet chili sauce. Cook until the sauce begins to bubble.
4. Add broccoli, chicken, and lime juice. Cook until the chicken is warmed and the broccoli is easily pierced with a knife.
5. Add snow peas and lime juice. Cook until peas are just warmed.
6. Serve with rice and garnish with quarters of lime for squeezing and raisins.