Thursday 13 February 2014

A "Heart"y Valentine Dinner Made Delicious

Today's post is dedicated to anyone who is planning on making their partner a home cooked meal this Valentine's Day and also to anyone who loves puns because those are two things I cannot live without on February 14. If you're still looking for some foodie puns for your card this year, I've got a few up my sleeve that I'm willing to share with you.

You're my "butter" half, Valentine

Take another "pizza" my heart now, baby

I'm "nuts" about you!

You make my heart "beet" like crazy, Valentine

And here's one more special punny Valentine I've created just for someone who wants to make my Crab Stuffed Portobellos with Shrimp Hearts....

I'd never "shrimp" on my love for you, Valentine. You're the best.

Ok, so maybe I'm not going to be employed by Hallmark anytime in the future, but I know that my recipe is perfect for you to serve to your loved ones tomorrow!

Crab Stuffed Portobellos with Shrimp Hearts - serves 2

2 portobellos mushrooms 
1 small can of lump crab meat, drained 
2 green onions, chopped
1 tablespoon of mayonnaise 
Salt and pepper, to taste 
1/2 package of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls 
2 large shrimp, raw and sliced lengthwise

1. Start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees and prepping your mushrooms by scraping out the gills and discarding the stems.

2. Next mix together the crab, green onions, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper. Set aside.

3. Cut the half package of crescent rolls into two pieces and roll each piece into a square. Wrap the pastry around the cap of each mushroom and secure it to the mushroom with a few toothpicks. Leave the side with the scraped gills open.

4. Fill the mushrooms with the crab mixture. Top each with the lengthwise sliced shrimp, placed in the shape of a heart.

5. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until the pastry is fully cooked and mushroom begins to soften.

6. Serve with a fresh salad and enjoy.

If you're too keen on serving this recipe for your sweetie tomorrow, try Life Made Delicious' Valentine Pizza  or maybe try a breakfast for dinner recipe with Life Made Delicious' Strawberries and Cream Pancakes. 

Disclosure: I am part of the Life Made Delicious Blogger Program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment