Tuesday 30 July 2013

Grilling Caesar

I think I actually can now say that I am a big fan of grilled lettuce. I used to think that lettuce was something I'd never like warm, it's like cucumber and should always be kept cool and crispy. But now that I've tried a second recipe for a grilled salad, I know I am officially a fan. 

My first grilled salad recipe was for Iceburg lettuce wedges with a ranch dressing, and it was delicious, but my second grilled salad recipe is awesome too. It's a grilled Caesar salad and who doesn't love Caesar salad? 


Grilled Caesar Salad - serves 2

2 inner hearts of romaine lettuce, core intact
1 hamburger bun, cut into small pieces

2 cloves of garlic, minced 
1/3 cup olive oil, plus extra for spraying or brushing the lettuce and buns 
1/2 cup plain yogurt
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon mustard
1 pinch salt and pepper
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese

1. Start by making your dressing. Combine olive oil, plain yogurt, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Stir until well combined.

2. Pheat grill to medium heat. Brush or spray bun pieces and lettuce with oil. Grill buns and lettcue until grill marks appear, about 1-2 minutes per side depending on heat from grill. 

3. Serve one inner heart of romaine on each plate, drizzle with dressing, top with croutons, and sprinkle with cheese. Enjoy!

I don't know what it is, but I really do love the flavour of grilled lettuce. If you don't believe that it's good,  give a try yourself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment