Tuesday 9 July 2013

Greek Freak

Lately I have been enjoying salads a lot more. I think it's because summer is here and a quick, cool meal during a weeknight is an amazing treat. 

But I often find that salads don't always fill me up because for the most part, salads don't have enough carbs for my liking. That's where this cold pasta salad packed full of tuna and Greek salad veggies and feta comes in! 

I came up with it one night when I was in the mood to veg out on my sofa for the night and had little energy for anything else. I ended up whipping up this quick and filling salad full of veggies and vegged out until my hearts content! 

Greek Pasta Salad - serves 2-4

3 cups of small shaped pasta, cooked and cooled
1/3 cucumber, roughly chopped
2 Roma tomatoes, roughly chopped
1/4 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1 can of tuna, drained
3 tablespoons of parsley, roughly chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil, for drizzling

1. Toss together veggies, olive oil, and pasta.

2. Add feta and gently toss again.

3. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy!

If I don't want to wait for my pasta to cool on its own, I will run in under cold water for a minute or two. It's not perfect, but it the salad still tastes great.

No comments:

Post a Comment