Wednesday 21 November 2012

Spiced Up Thanksgiving

Earlier this week I said I would be sharing new side dishes that would be great choices for my American friends' holiday this week, but I had to include one new main dish too. After just one bite of this pork tenderloin dish, I knew I had discovered a winner and I knew that it could be a perfect main dish to use instead of a turkey for a holiday meal. 

I saw a version of this recipe in a magazine and thought that my dinner could never look as pretty, but I wanted to try to make it anyway. As I prepared the meal I was shocked at how easily everything came together and how much it resembled what I had looked at in the magazine. 

If I can make it look this good, you can too. Read on for my version of the recipe.




Spiced-Crumbed Pork Tenderloin - serves 4-6

4 teaspoons olive oil
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 cloves of garlic, minced (I would choose roasted garlic if I had any available)
1 pinch of salt and pepper
2 medium pork tenderloins 
3/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
2 teaspoons each of coriander, cumin, and sesame seeds (ground of in whole seeds are both great)

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. 

2. Combine yogurt, 2 teaspoons oil, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Cover the pork tenderloins in this mixture. 

3. In a pie plate, combine the bread crumbs and remaining ingredients. Roll both of the yogurt covered pork tenderloins in this mixture and place on a cookie sheet. Drizzle the tops of pork tenderloins in the remaining oil. 

4. Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes and then reduce the oven's temperature to 350 degrees and continue baking until the a thermometer reads 160 degrees as the pork's internal temperature, about 30-40 more minutes. 
5. Remove the pork from the oven and let it rest for about five minutes before slicing and serving. 


I served my Spiced-Crumbed Pork Tenderloin with Roasted Dijon Potatoes and Balsamic Kale. I'll share the Roasted Dijon Potatoes with you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment