Tuesday 3 January 2012

Spread a Little Love

I try a lot of new foods, especially when people I love suggest a new recipe to me. Everyone that knows me knows that I love food, so it's special to me that they want to share a recipe. 

Today's recipe was from a loved one. But usually I read the recipe and think that it sounds yummy. Or I see a picture and see a mouth watering treat. 

This time I read the recipe and saw the picture and I just had to take my loved ones word for it because the recipe sounded weird and the picture looked a little unappetizing too. 

I saved the recipe to make on New Year's Eve and it was worth it. It surprised me with lots of flavour and it really proves the point that you can't always judge a book by it's cover. 



Sweet and Savoury Cheese Spread with Walnuts

1 cup cream cheese
1 tablespoon sweet onion, finely minced
1 clove of garlic, grated
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon mustard
1 cup finely chopped walnuts

1. Warm cream cheese in the microwave, about 15-30 seconds. Then combine it with the garlic and onion, mixing well. Mound the mixture in a bowl or on a plate and set it aside.

2. In a small pot on the stove at medium heat, combine all remaining ingredients (except for walnuts) and stir until butter melts and sugar is dissolved. Stir in the walnuts and let the mixture cool.

3. Pour the cooled mixture over the cheese and serve with crackers for spreading.


You'll just need one bite to love this spread!

No comments:

Post a Comment