Wednesday 25 January 2012

Flying Purple People Eater

Well I saw the thing comin' out of the sky
It had the one long horn, one big eye
I commenced to shakin' and I said "ooh-eee"
It looks like a purple eater to me

It was a one-eyed, one-horned, flyin' purple people eater
(One-eyed, one-horned, flyin' purple people eater)
A one-eyed, one-horned, flyin' purple people eater
Sure looks strange to me (One eye?)



You've got to remember singing this song as a child. 


And didn't it make you want to eat only things that were purple? Surely I 
can't have been the only one?


For some reason that song came into my head again and I decided that I 
needed to make an all purple meal. 


I have already tried my hand at making an all yellow meal and it turned out 
delicious. 


I think this one did too. Let me know what you think. 








First I made some tasty steaks. I always make mine medium rare to rare, so 
they're pretty purple. 


And these steaks were Thai flavoured. All I did was marinate them like I 
regularly do.


Except this time I used only cilantro instead of a mixture of herbs and chopped 
lemon grass instead of paprika. Everything else was the same; I just grilled them 
as usual. 


Then I made some braised red cabbage




And I baked some purple potatoes that I found at my local Asian market. 


They tastes almost like their orange cousins, just a little earthier. 


I will definitely look for these again!


So what do you think? Will you try being a purple people eater?

No comments:

Post a Comment