Friday 27 January 2012

Cheeseburgers in Paradise

And if by the title of this post you thought I was going to be making cheeseburgers, you're wrong. 

One of my favourite thing to do when I'm cooking is take one food I love and morph it into a second food I love. 

I've already shown you my Loaded Potato Soup where I used everything I love in a bake potato and made it into a soup. Now it's time to use everything I love in a cheeseburger and make it into a quiche. 

But since cheeseburgers are made individually for each person, I think it's important to make my quiches individual too. And since bacon only enhances cheeseburgers, I think it can only enhance my new Cheeseburger Quiche. 

Cheeseburger Quiche

4 individual sized unbaked pie shells, purchased or homemade
1/2 cup of lean ground beef, seasoned, sauteed until fully cooked, and drained of all liquid
4 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 cup of spinach
1 tomato, sliced into 8 circles
4 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup of milk
1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper to taste

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Divide beef, spinach, cheese, and bacon between the pie shells.

3. Combine eggs, milk, mustard, salt, and pepper in a bowl and mix well. Pour over top of the pie shells, evenly.

4. Place tomatoes overtop of each of the quiches, two slices per shell, and bake for 30-45 minutes or until the egg mixture is golden and puffy.

5. Serve with salad and enjoy!

Maybe this won't become the new backyard BBQ food, but I think it's tasty for a January night. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment