Saturday, 27 September 2014

Carrot Fever

Now that it's almost (gulp) October, I am doing my best to eat up all the veggies left in my garden. This means that all carrots I pulled and am featuring in today's recipe are a little bit less than perfect looking.

But looks say nothing of their taste! They taste fantastic! For this recipe, I merged together two of my favourite things, gingery carrots and my old favourite sauce for chicken or turkey. Now I know this sauce goes perfectly well with carrots so I think I will try it with tofu next!


Sweet, Savoury, and Spicy Carrot - serves 4

4 handfuls of baby carrots or 2 cups of chopped carrots
2 tablespoons pickled ginger, finely chopped
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon maple syrup
2 tablespoons basil pesto
Salt, to taste

1. Melt butter in a sauce pan and then add the carrots. Sauté until carrots begin to soften, about 8-10 minutes.

2. Add the ginger, mustard, maple syrup, and pesto. Stir to evenly coat all carrots and cook to warm the sauce.

3. Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment