All I did was grill up some pizza dough, top it with some herby cream cheese, smoked salmon, dressed baby kale, and crispy capers. It might sound like a lot of steps, but trust me, they are all small steps. I know you'll love this recipe.
One of my best tips is to use Sodium Free Herbamare when dressing your baby kale. There is a ton of sodium in capers so I try to cut back on it in the other parts of this dish as best I can. And using Sodium Free Herbamare is an easy way to do that.
Smoked Salmon Flatbread with Crispy Capers - serves 4
1 ball of pizza dough, homemade or purchased
1/2 cup of cream cheese
2 tablespoons fresh dill
1 small package of smoked salmon, torn into bite sized pieces
2 cups baby kale
2 tablespoons oil, divided
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons maple syrup
Sodium Free Herbamare, to taste
3 tablespoons capers, rinsed
1. Start by heating 1 tablespoon of the oil in a small pan at medium heat. Once hot, add the capers and cook until crispy, about 5-8 minutes. Let dry on a paper towel lined plate and dust with a bit of Sodium Free Herbamare, if desired.
2. Next preheat your BBQ to medium heat. While your BBQ is preheating, cut dough into four equal sized pieces and roll or stretch into circles.
3. Place each piece of dough on the grill and close the lid for about 3-5 minutes. If you leave the dough alone, you will get nice grill marks and it will easily lift from the grill.
4. Flip the dough and let the other side cook for another 3-5 minutes.
5. When the dough is grilling, whisk together the dressing for your kale. Combine remaining oil, lemon juice, maple syrup, and a pinch of Sodium Free Herbamare in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add the kale and toss to coat.
6. Next stir together the cream cheese and dill to make a herby sauce for your flatbread.
7. When your dough comes off the grill, let it cool slightly and then load up your flatbreads. Smear on some herby cream cheese and top with handfuls of dressed baby kale, pieces of smoked salmon, and crispy capers.
Herbamare has some great goodies on their Facebook page now too. You might want to head over and check it out!
Free Herbamare 3-pak with purchase > http://ht.ly/y9pXQ
Disclosure: I received free product for writing this post but all opinions are my own.