It can be hard to find yummy vegetarian game day snacks, but yummy vegan game day snacks you can pretty much forget about. Unless you count raw veggies with hummus, but I don't that as a yummy game day snack.
Veganricha made an awesome vegan Jalepeno Popper dip that I definitely count though. It is rich and cheesy but contains no cheese whatsoever. I made a few changes to Veganricha's recipe to quicken up the process but the original pretty delicious. It just takes a little more time than my version.
Jalapeño Popper Dip - serves 6-8
1 cup raw cashews (soaked for 2-4 hours)
1/2 cup white beans
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
3 tablespoons pickled Jalapeno, divided, plus extra for garnish
1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
1. Add soaked cashews, white beans, water, and 1/2 tablespoon of oil to a food processor. Pulse until smooth.
2. Add sugar, salt, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and 1 tablespoon of pickles jalapeños to the bean mixture in the food processor. Pulse until just combined.
3. Finely chop 2 tablespoons of pickles jalapeño and stir into the dip. Divide dip into oven safe bowls.
4. Mix bread crumbs with remaining oil and sprinkle on top of the dip. Broil until the tops of the bread crumbs just begin to brown.
5. Garnish with pickled jalapeño slices and serve with chips of veggies for dipping.