Week nights and a sink of pots and pans don't mix at my house. I'd much rather make something quick, easy, and as sink free as possible. Today's post is one of my new ideas that combines these concepts to make a tasty and fun week night dinner.
I love to eat these Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes on their own for dinner but you might want to serve them with a salad or a piece of chicken if you'd like something a little more hearty. But whatever you serve them with, just serve them. Your taste buds will thank you!
Twice Baked Mexican Sweet Potatoes - serves 4
4 medium sweet potatoes
1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1/3 cup of tomato salsa, as spicy or as mild as you like
3/4 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese, divided
1 large avocado, diced
1. Start by washing and pricing your sweet potatoes. Then microwave them until soft and tender.
2. Carefully slice the tops off the sweet potatoes and scoop out their filling. The filling will be hot so you may want to hold the sweet potato with an oven mitt.
3. Mash the sweet potato and then stir in the beans, salsa, and 1/2 cup of the cheese.
4. Scoop the sweet potato mixture back into the sweet potato skins and broil for about five minutes or until the cheese melts.
5. Top each each sweet potato with some of the remaining cheese and some avocado. Enjoy!