Thursday 23 February 2012

Apple of My Eye

I am a big fan of apple sauce. I use in for baking, for making ribs, tons of other things, and just of eating too of course. 

Apples are really healthy and cooking with apple sauce means that you don't need to cook with as much refined sugar. 

I used to think that making apple sauce would take forever and require a lot of work. But after I made it just one time, I knew that I was very wrong and that making apple sauce was very easy. 

I know that you're going to want to cook some up right away, so I won't make you wait. 


Apple Sauce

4 apples, peeled, cored, and quartered
3/4 cup water
2 tablespoons of sugar
1 teaspoon of cinnamon

1. Combine all ingredients in a saucepan on the stove at medium heat and cook for about 15-20 minutes or until the apples are soft.

2. Mash with a potato masher until you reach your desired consistency.

You're done! Just let the apple sauce cool slightly and enjoy!

Now that I am thinking about it, I don't think I've shown you any of my rib recipes or baking recipes with apple sauce. I am going to have to get on top of that soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment