Friday 13 May 2011

How a Basic PB and J Inspires Something New

Yesterday I was making myself a snack. Nothing special, just a basic peanut butter and jam sandwich.

I spread on the peanut butter and scraped the bottom of my jam jar to try and get enough out. There wasn't quite enough jam for my liking so I checked my cupboard for another jar. I was completely shocked to find that there were only two jars left!

One solitary peach jam and one lonely little blackberry jam.


So then my brain got working and started thinking of new jams to make. I didn't have any fruit to whip them up just then but I did have more peanut butter and I also had some pineapple juice.

I wasn't feeling ambitious enough to try pineapple jam with no recipes to look at, but I was feeling hungry enough to try something new for that night.

I had some chicken thighs defrosting on the counter and what goes better with chicken than a yummy spicy peanut sauce?

And what goes better with peanut butter than a fruity jam? Nothing at all!

So that's how I came up with the idea of making a delicious pineapple flavoured peanut sauce to go with chicken satays last night.

I still haven't tried making pineapple jam, but I think I'm going to look into that soon. Who knows, it would be my next amazing creation!


I know you want a bite, so why not check out my recipe for Philly Peanut Sauce and Chicken Satays and try them tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment