Serving dessert at a dinner party is lovely. And I have to admit that I spend quite a few minutes deliberating which dessert to make every time friends come over. But serving dessert to your family just because you can, well that's just plain delicious.
This Rhubarb Custard Tart is from Life Made Delicious truly makes me happy - both to eat and to share with you.
1/2 package of Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crust (1 crust) or your own homemade pastry
1/2 cup each of flour and brown sugar
1/4 cup each of oatmeal and butter (softened)
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup whipping cream
3 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons apricot or rhubarb preserves
1 egg yolk
3 cups fresh rhubarb, cut into bite sized pieces
1. Place pie crust in 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom or 9-inch glass pie pan as directed on box for One-Crust Filled Pie. Trim edge if necessary.
2. Place a baking sheet on middle oven rack in oven to preheat; heat oven to 375.
3. In small bowl, mix 1/2 cup flour, the brown sugar and oats. With fork or pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly; set aside.
4. In large bowl, mix sugar and 3 tablespoons flour. Stir in whipping cream, preserves and egg yolk until well blended. Stir in rhubarb. Pour filling into crust-lined pan. Sprinkle topping evenly over filling.
5. Place tart on preheated baking sheet in oven; bake 40 to 50 minutes or until filling bubbles around edge and topping is deep golden brown. Let stand 30 minutes before serving.
Disclosure: I am part of the Life Made Delicious Blogger Program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.