Friday 25 November 2011

Baby, It's Cold Outside

But it's warm inside... Especially with your oven baking treats!

My favourite time of year to bake is right now. Now is the time I start digging through my collection of traditional Christmas cookies and bars, as well as reading magazines and trying out new variations of recipes I find to add to my collection. 

Soon my freezer will be full of delicious snacks and I'll be able to pull out a few containers to defrost a platter of offerings for months. That's one of my favourite things to at Christmas - snack and share snacks with friends. 

Here is this year's first try at a new twist on a brownie. I know purists may turn up their nose because it's white, but this brownie is a winter brownie and it needs to fit the colour palate :)




Blueberry and White Chocolate Brownie

1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
2 eggs
1 teaspoon each of vanilla and almond extracts
1 package (about 2 cups) white chocolate chips
1 cup wild blueberries (if frozen, do not defrost)

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

2. Combine sugar and butter in a large bowl and cream. Mix in eggs and extracts.

3. Stir in flour and salt until just blended.

4. Stir in white chocolate chips and gently stir in blueberries.

5. Pour mixture into a medium sized spring form pan and bake for about 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and the top springs back when lightly touched.

So purists, is it ok to this a brownie now?

No comments:

Post a Comment