One of my favourite pizzas is my Butternut Squash and Arugula Pizza and it doesn't have any tomato sauce on it at all. In fact it has maple syrup on it! One of my other favourite pizzas is my Provençal Pizza and it's covered in pears and lavendar!
If you think either of those pizzas sound like something you might be interested in tasting, keep on reading because this pizza is incredibly yummy too. It's my version of a pizza created on the Roasted Root, but done in an even more beet-y way to incorporate the earthy flavour of beet greens.
Beet-za Pizza - makes 2 pizzas
2 balls of pizza dough
1 recipe of Beet Pesto
4 cups of beet greens, thinly sliced and tossed in a few teaspoons of oil and seasoned with salt
1 cup of goat cheese, sliced into rounds
3 cups of mozzarella cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
2. Roll out pizza dough into two even pieces and place on baking trays.
3. Divide beet pesto between pizzas and smear on an even layers.
4. Top pizzas with beet greens, mozzarella, and goat cheese.
5. Bake for about 20-30 minutes or until the bottom of the crust is browned and cooked through.
6. Let rest at room temperature for about 10 minutes before slicing snd enjoy!