Sunday 13 April 2014

Berry Delicious Pudding

Easter is one of most "egg"-citing times of the year and a time I "carrot" very much about. I love spending time figuring out what will "turnip" on my table for Easter dinner. And I am always the first one awake calling out to everyone to "lettuce" see what the bunny left for us.

This year I think I've found the perfect quick treat for my Easter dessert. It's almost as much fun as my puns and takes mere minutes to make, especially if you choose to skip the step of making your own edible dirt and substitute a cup or so of Chocolate Cheerios pulsed in a food processor.

I can't wait to dig into a bowl of this "Dirty" Chocolate Pudding with Chocolate Covered "Carrot" Strawberries so I know I'll need to make another batch for Easter. Chocolate anything doesn't even last a day in my house! 



"Dirty" Chocolate Pudding with Chocolate Covered "Carrot" Strawberries - serves 4

Pudding

1/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cocoa
1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
1 tablespoon butter

Edible Dirt

3 tablespoons almond meal
3 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon cocoa
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons butter
1 pinch of salt

Or about 1 cup of Chocolate Cheerios, pulsed in a food processor 

Chocolate Covered Strawberries 

1/2 cup of orange white chocolate baking wafers 
4-8 fresh strawberries, stems and leaves intact

1. Mix together all the edible dirt ingredients (if not using Chocolate Cheerios crumbs), lay the mix in an even layer on a cookie sheet, and bake until dry. Let cool.

2. Next make your chocolate pudding. Whisk together the sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt. Add half of the milk and stir until mixture is smooth. Then stir in the remaining milk. Cook on medium heat until pudding bubbles and thickens, about five minutes, and then add the chocolate chips and butter. Remove from the heat, divide pudding between four small bowls, and let cool. 

3. While pudding is cooling, make the chocolate covered strawberries. Melt the orange chocolate baking wafers over a double boiler, pull the leaves back, and dip the whole of the berry into the orange chocolate. Let the berry dry on a parchment paper lined plate. Repeat until all chocolate or berries are used up.

Note: if your strawberries don't have super pointy ends, just use a butter knife to help smooth the chocolate into a pointy carrot tip. 
4. Once pudding is cool, sprinkle some of the edible dirt on top of each bowl and top with at least one chocolate covered "carrot" strawberry. Enjoy!
Interested in more easy Easter desserts? Try Life Made Delicious' Spring Flower Brownies. They're easy and adorable.

Disclosure: I am part of the Life Made Delicious Blogger Program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment